Skip to main content

Featured

20+ Simple Easter Recipes

Here are some Simple, Easy Easter Recipes you may want to add to your menu:

Irish Cream Glazed Vanilla Bean Baked Donuts

St. Patrick's Day is near and dear to my heart, and as I posted last year it is tradition to make Grandma Walsh's Irish Soda Bread. Every year Mom makes corn beef and cabbage, roasted potatoes and vegetables, and we have the Soda Bread after dinner. After dinner, we have some Irish cream and we watch an Irish movie, The Quiet Man, Waking Ned Devine, Far and Away, or War of the Buttons. My Mom usually makes her Homemade Irish Cream for Christmas but last year there wasn't any left so out came the Bailey's. 
This year in addition to our family's tradition of soda bread, I decided to use my Mom's Homemade Irish Cream to make some tasty baked donuts. These baked Vanilla Bean donuts are soft and fluffy, and the Irish Cream Glaze just give them the right amount of sweet with a touch of whisky! :)

Here's my recipe for Irish Cream Glazed Vanilla Bean Donuts:



Ingredients:
For Donut:
2 cups Unbleached Flour
3/4 cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Bean Powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup Milk
3 Tblsp Irish Cream
1/4 cup melted Butter
1/4 cup Avocado oil
2 large eggs

For Glaze:
1 1/2 cups Powdered sugar
3 Tblsp melted Butter
3 Tblsp Irish Cream
1 tsp Milk
Food Color (Optional)

Prep Work: Preheat oven to 425F, and oil Donut tins.

Directions:
1. Mix Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Vanilla Bean Powder, and Salt together.


2. Add in Oil, Melted Butter, Eggs, Milk, and Irish Cream. Mix till smooth.


3. Fill Donut tins about 3/4 of the way full. Put in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. While that's baking Make the glaze.

4. For the glaze: mix Sugar, Melted Butter, Irish Cream, and Milk. Whisk until smooth. You can add about a drop of food coloring and whisk once.


5. After donuts have cooled to room temperature, dip them in the glaze and let it harder on a rack for about 10-15 minutes.

Enjoy!


   I have entered this post in a Treat Petite Event Mum, hosted by Cakeyboi and The Baking Explorer. I have also entered this in Simply.food's Let's Cook for Mother's Day.






Comments

  1. Loving the colour and the flavour. I want one. I have recently rediscovered my doughnut pan and made some baked doughnuts, I sadly do not have an Irish cream at home, have Irish whiskey, but I dare not use that in doughnut - I would be knocked out for six.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaheen! If you have whisky, you can make Irish cream. I'll send you my Mom's recipe if you'd like, I'd love to hear what you think. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness - they look delicious!! Thanks for taking part in Treat Petite this month :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts