Skip to main content

Featured

St. Patrick's Day Recipes 2024

Wishing you all a very Happy St Patrick's Day! Erin Go Braugh - Ireland Forever! Here are a few easy Irish recipes you may want to add to your menu: 

Elderflower Pomegranate Sparkler


While in Montreal a few years ago, we were introduced to a very delicious Elderflower and Gin cocktail. It was sweet and perfumey and the gin gave it quite a nice peppery snap. Over the last few months I've been experimenting with making my own gin...no, not the bathtub kind, the flavoring a neutral spirit kind. After a few successful batches of homemade gin and finally finding some decent Elderflower cordial, I decided to try my hand at a light summery gin cocktail similar to the one I'd had. Mixing traditionally made elderflower cordial with acidic pomegranate juice, this refreshingly floral sparkler is the perfect combination of sweet, tart and bubbly; great for relaxing and enjoying on a hot summer evening.

Here is my recipe for Elderflower Pomegranate Sparkler:
Makes 4 Servings

Ingredients:
4 oz. Elderflower Cordial, Belvoir Fruit Farms
8 oz. Pomegranate Juice, unsweetened
4 oz. Gin
12 oz. Ginger Ale
Thinly sliced Strawberries & Grapes for Garnish
Ice

Directions:
1. In a shaker, combined elderflower cordial, pomegranate juice, gin, and ice.
2. Then divide it equally into four glasses with ice, and top with ginger ale.
Garnish with Strawberries and Grapes.
Enjoy!


Comments

  1. Oh WOW, this looks like an incredible drink ! I am sure that it tastes just as good. Its Ramadan here, and I would love to open one of my fasts with this drink.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts